Marrakech 3 days Desert trip
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Ouarzazate – Rose Valley – Dades Valley.
After breakfast, we start our 3 days Marrakech desert tour by departing from Marrakech towards the mountains of the High Atlas. These mountains are the connection between Marrakech and the South-east of Morocco. Since we are in the high Atlas, we will take some stops to enjoy the panoramic views of Morocco’s mountainous villages. Our first journey includes a stop at one of the Argan workshops to see the Berber women making the Argan oil and products. After 3 hours of driving, we arrive at the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou which is one of the UNESCO heritage located in the foothills on the southern slopes. Here, our driver or guide would accompany us on a walking visit to this breathtaking Kasbah, walking in its alleys and stairs and rocks. After a while, we will return for lunch in one of the local restaurants.
Our desert trip continues towards Dades Valley by passing Ouarzazate “the Hollywood of Africa”, Skoura Valley, and the Valley of thousand kasbahs. Upon our arrival, we will be welcomed with a glass of mint tea while checking in for our rooms. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Dades Valley – Todra Gorge – Erfoud – Merzouga desert dunes “Camel trekking – Overnight in Standard or Luxury Camp”.
After taking our breakfast, we will get ready for another journey full of special views and fun.
We will leave the Valley of Dades by driving towards the desert dunes of Merzouga. The first stop will be at Todra Valley. Afterward, continue towards the canyons of Todra with an altitude of 300 Meters. We can take a walk under the canyons and enjoy the sounds of the water running in the river with a fresh breeze. Soon, our trip continues to approach the desert dunes, passing by a couple of Ksors “Berber villages” with another stop in Erfoud town, “The fossil capital”.
Upon our arrival, we will go for lunch and visit one of the fossil and marble workshops. After a while, the private trip continues towards the desert dunes of Merzouga while enjoying the views of the desert dunes. Upon our arrival, we will meet our English-speaking camel man who will take us on a guided Camel trek to the top of the dunes. Upon our arrival at the top of sand dunes, we will catch an amazing sunset view. After a while, we camel trek back to our luxury desert camp for an evening party of drums with dinner and overnight under the tents. Our camps are fully prepared with private toilets and showers.
Day 3: Desert dunes – Alnif – Draa Valley – Ouarzazate – High Atlas – Marrakech.
According to your choice, we can wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise over the sand dunes.
We will have our breakfast in the camp’s restaurant, then depart for our 3rd-day tour on the way back to Marrakech. Driving along the desert fields of Acacia trees and stopping at one of the Nomad families for some photos. Our Marrakech desert tour will continue toward the village of Alnif before joining the Draa Palm Grove with thousands of Palm trees. Along the way, we will stop for our lunch in a restaurant.
Once we finish lunch, we drive towards Ait Saouen pass willing to approach Ouarzazate. According to your choice, we might stop to see Taourirt Kasbah and the Cinema Studio of Ouarzazate and then continue to Marrakech via the High Atlas. Upon arrival to Marrakech, we accompany you to your accommodation where our Marrakech 3 days Desert trip comes to the end with the best memories.
Marrakech to Merzouga 3 days Desert trip
Tour price includes:
- The arrival pick up by your tour private driver.
- Fluent English-speaking private driver.
- Fluent English | Spanish | French | or Italian speaking tour guide “optional”.
- Private 4×4 vehicle or Van with luxury interior and WiFi access.
- 1-night in a Moroccan hotel | riad including “Dinner, Bed, Breakfast”.
- Camel trekking tour in the desert dunes to see the sunset.
- 1 night in a Luxury | Standard camp including “Dinner, Bed, Breakfast”.
- Airport shuttle ” Only if your flight is the next day after the tour”.
Tour price excludes:
- Drinks and midday meals
- Entry ticket fees to any chargeable places
Best 3 days Desert trip highlights
1st-day tour from Marrakech to Dades gorge highlights:
- Drive along the High Atlas mountains
- Go on a guided visit to Ait Benhaddou Kasbah
- Stop at Taourirt panoramic kasbah in Ouarzazate
- Drive along the Rose Valley
Second-day tour from Dades gorge to Merzouga highlights:
- Visit Dades Gorge
- Stop at Monkey toes rocks
- Visit Todra Valley
- Visit Todra Gorge
- Stop at the fossil workshop in Erfoud
- Drive to Merzouga dunes
- Go a guided camel trekking to the top of the sand dunes
- Watch an amazing sunset view
- Spend an amazing night under the stars in the middle of sand dunes
- sleep under a Berber tent in the heart of the sand dunes
Third-day tour from Merzouga to Marrakech highlights:
- Drive along Draa Valley
- Stop at Taourirt panoramic kasbah in Ouarzazate
- Travel back to Marrakech
3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga gallery: